WAG #1700 (Ford #1006)
Built in 1940 by Erie General Electric. Designed to resemble a 1937 Ford automobile, these 132-ton center-cab locomotives were originally built for the Ford Motor Company. WAG #1700 operated on the Wellsville, Addison and Galeton Railroad. Only eight of this design were built and this unit, at the Lake Shore Railway Museum, is the only one remaining in existence.
Built in 1949 by Erie General Electric. Rare “2-D+D-2” Little Joe electric locomotive, one of only three known to exist from original 20 built. CSS&SB #802 and #803 were the last mainline electric freight locomotives to operate in North America- retired 1983.
Built in 1963 by Erie General Electric. First of a series of U25b locomotives built for the New York Central. One of two ex-NYC U25b’s known to exist. Last used by Conrail in 1982. Repainted at Erie GE in 1993.
Trains Magazine placed our NYC 2500 "U-boat" as number 6 in their "Top 10 list of preserved diesels you must see" in the 2013 Locomotives Annual on page 85. Thanks, guys!
STEWART HOBBIES #7140 HO SCALE GE U25B PWD NEW YORK CENTRAL #2500 KIT (1 of 4)
Time Remaining: 8d 18h 3m
Buy It Now for only: $99.99
Buy It Now
Built in 1989 by Erie General Electric. A recent addition to the museum, number 3563 was retired by Norfolk Southern and donated to the Lake Shore Railway Museum in 2013. The locomotive is a GE Dash 8-32B and it is the first “Dash-8” locomotive anywhere to be preserved at a museum. The 3,200 horsepower locomotive is one of just 49 ever built.
Ellwood National Forge #188
Built in November 1950 by Erie General Electric for Pennsylvania Power Company of New Castle, PA. Serial Number 30827. Donated to LSRHS by Ellwood Company in December 2008. Made operational by LSRHS summer 2009. Painted to Ellwood National Forge color scheme summer 2009. This locomotive gets regular use at the museum moving our rolling stock around.
Grandt Line 7091 Undeorated GE 25 Ton Box Cab Diesel Electric Loco Kit w/Power U
Time Remaining: 16d 10h 57m
Buy It Now for only: $52.99
Buy It Now
GE 25 TON INDUSTRIAL DIESEL HO Standard Gauge Powered Locomotive Kit GL7091
Time Remaining: 25d 2h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $66.95
Buy It Now
GRANDT LINE 1/4 Scale GE 25 Ton Loco Kit w/Motor 36" Narrow Ga OB Instr VG+Deal
Time Remaining: 5d 10h
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now
Model Railroader February 1977 Sandy River Caboose & GE 25-Ton Steeplecab Plans
Time Remaining: 8d 12h 57m
Buy It Now for only: $9.95
Buy It Now
Erie City Iron Works #25
Built in 1941 by Whitcomb Locomotive Works (Baldwin). 30-ton gasoline-mechanical locomotive, used at Erie City Iron Works, Erie, PA.. Made operational by LSRHS summer 2009. Exterior re-painted in 2013.
National Forge #392
This small workhorse was built in 1959 by Plymouth Locomotive Works, Plymouth, Ohio, as a 15-ton cab-less locomotive (Plymouth JDT Type 4). It's a diesel engine/torque-converter locomotive and is operational. It was re-engined with a Caterpillar 3306. Number 392 was used in the construction of Kinzua Dam, Warren, PA and afterwards bought by National Forge of Irvine, PA after completion of the dam. It became property of Ellwood National Forge/Ellwood National Crankshaft and was donated to LSRHS by Ellwood in 2004.
Erie Dock Co. #7
This electric locomotive with a very unique appearance was built around 1910, most likely by the Atlas Car Co (Cleveland, Ohio). It received power from an electric third rail. It was specifically designed for use as an ore/coal car shunt tending the Hulett ship unloaders that used to be commonly seen on the docks of the Great Lakes. These locomotives ran on a separate set of tracks located between the main tracks for the ore and coal cars being loaded. With their arms extended out on both sides, these locomotives pushed the empty rail cars into position for loading and then moved loaded cars away. Number 7 operated on the Erie, PA docks until the mid-1950s; then at Whiskey Island, Cleveland, Ohio until 1992. Erie Dock Co. was a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
Built in 1937 by the Heisler Locomotive Works in Erie, number 6 is a Heisler fireless steam (thermos bottle) locomotive (0-6-0 wheel configuration). It was used in Ashtabula, OH by the Cleveland Illuminating Co. until 1973. Only 30 were built and approximately six survive. This is the museum’s only steam locomotive. It was restored to operation to run on compressed air in the summer of 2002. The exterior was re-painted in 2013. It's the only operating fireless steam locomotive in North America.
Great Northern 1251 “Lake Wenatchee”
Built in 1951 by the American Car & Foundry Co., Lake Wenatchee is a 48-seat (Amtrak 8068) diner (originally built as a 36-seat diner). It's the only diner in the Museum’s collection. Exterior was re-painted in 2013. (Kitchen pass through was eliminated, lighting in dining room updated in 2000, electric heating installed 1995, moved in 2006, heating & air conditioning added 2007, connected to all municipal utilities 2007.)
Great Northern 1273 “Pend O’Reille River”
Built in 1950 by Pullman, Pend O’Reille (pronounced "POND oh RAY") River is the only lightweight sleeper of this unusual configuration in the museum’s collection. Exterior re-painted in 2013. In “as built” condition – never was part of Amtrak. Good example of post-WW II sleeper. Configuration: 8 duplex roomettes, 3-double bedrooms, 1 compartment, 4 open sections. Sleeps 24.
HO model of Pend O'Reille sleeper CB&Q 1273
Built in 1918 by CB&Q (Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad) Aurora, IL shops. Heavyweight baggage car. Only baggage car in collection. In relatively good condition. Development as museum exhibit/display car underway; moved to east side of 1899 Depot in summer 2006.
CB&Q 70' Heavyweight Baggage Car #1540 N - Micro Trains Line #14700200
Time Remaining: 22d 6h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $25.99
Buy It Now
Micro-Trains 14700200 - 70' Heavyweight Baggage CB&Q #1540 - N Scale
Time Remaining: 21d 13h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $25.32
Buy It Now
Pullman “Central Park”
Built in 1925; last known Pullman-NYC observation/lounge/sleeper to exist in its original configuration. Ran on the NYC and the 20th Century Limited. Unique, heavyweight Pullman, related to locale. Configuration: 3-compartment, 2-drawing room, lounge/observation. (Women’s restroom turned into a kitchen, pre-LSRHS.) Observation lounge partially restored in 2006 and opened for public viewing and education on car restoration.
Pullman “Lake Terrell”
Built in 1924; In original configuration (10-open section, 1-drawing room, 2-compartment). Ran on the NYC locally. Open section portion of the car will be familiar to most as the “sleeping car” of the 30s and 40s. Last used by Pullman in 1967. The last car owned and operated by the Pullman Company. (Minor updates, mostly lighting fixtures)
LS&MS Business Car 20
Built in the 1890s by Barney & Smith Car Co. of Dayton, OH, Only LS&MS passenger car known to exist. Configured as a parlor/observation car. Rebuilt in 1910 by LS&MS/NYC Collinwood (Cleveland, OH) shops. Converted to NYC Business Car #100. No alterations (except for repairs) to the business car configuration. Roof was rebuilt in the early 1990’s. All wooden construction above the steel center sill. Car exterior work done in 2005-siding on south side, temporary sheeting on north side. Three partial leaded-glass clerestory windows exist. Fire damage-pre-LSRHS.
NYC 10507 “Port of Windsor”
Built in 1949 by the Pullman-Standard Co. of Chicago, IL. Twelve-double bedroom, lightweight sleeping car used on the NYC until 1967. Only NYC lightweight sleeper in collection. First passenger car owned by LSRHS.
NYC 2950 “James C. Caldwell”
Built in 1947 by Budd. Lightweight 56-coach - part of a 60-car order, Lot # 9613-004. Budd item 2165. One of two lightweight coaches in the collection. Located on the Ashtabula, Carson & Jefferson Railroad at Jefferson, OH. (ACJ 5668)
Nickel Plate (NKP) 103
Built in 1950 by Pullman Car Company. 68-seat lightweight coach with center bulkhead to reduce “bowling alley effect.” One of ten NKP cars built to this configuration and one of only two known to survive. Stored on NY&LE at Gowanda, NY.
Pittsburg & Shawmut 164
Wooden caboose for Pittsburg and Shawmut Railroad built c.1916 by the Russell Snowplow Co. of Ridgeway, PA.
Built c.1915 wooden caboose. Erroneously lettered for burned NYC caboose 19950. Future home of HO-Railroad operation.
Built 1922 by Union Tank Car Co. 8,000-gallon tank car. Unique to collection. Formerly leased to EECRR and used for fuel oil storage. Re-painted in 2013.
8000 gal UTLX Tank Car Lehigh Valley Models S Scale Craftsman Kit LVM25
$15.50 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1d 7h 29m
HO Life-Like Proto 2000 UTLX Built Distressed Type 21 8000 Gal. Tank Car
Time Remaining: 19d 22h 35m
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now
Built in 1961 for GATX. Hygrade Fine Products (HFPX) steel, mechanical refrigeration car. Third in a sequence of three refrigerator cars in collection that demonstrate the evolution of the refrigerator cars that served the fruit/vegetable industry of the region.
HFPX 162, 163
Built in 1961 for GATX. Hygrade Fine Products (HFPX) mechanical refrigeration car. Exactly same as HFPX 100 above.
Built 1947. Steel ice-refrigerator car built for GATC. Unique to collection. Second in a sequence of three refrigerator cars in collection that demonstrate the evolution of the refrigerator cars that served the fruit/vegetable industry of the region. Lettered for Milwaukee Road.
Built c.1925. Wooden ice-refrigerator car. In good condition. Unique to collection. First in a sequence of three refrigerator cars in collection that demonstrate the evolution of the refrigerator cars that served the fruit/vegetable industry of the region.
Built in 1907. Wooden, 36-foot, truss-rod boxcar. LAST existing LS&MS freight car. Except for side irons, couplers and miscellaneous hardware, this car is constructed of wood. Very fragile condition. Most recently used by the East Erie Commercial Railroad as a maintenance car. Stored at EECRR/GE railyard in Lawrence Park, PA for many years. “Box” disassembled December 2006. Moved to LSRHS Museum in May 2007. Reconstruction in research phase.
Built c.1908 by Standard Steel Car Co. of Pittsburgh, PA as (Formerly B&LE 80412.) Union Railroad 10012. Sold to the B&LE in 1914. Converted for maintenance-of-way service in 1934. Wooden 36-foot boxcar. Only Bessemer car in collection.
Pennsylvania Railroad Flatcar
Built in Altoona, PA, c1941. Built as PRR classification "F36" flatcar. Upgraded later to classification "F36a". Only example of this class of flatcar to advance to Conrail ownership. All examples of this class of flatcar reported as scrapped! (This car was sent to scrap, and used in-house instead of being cut up.) Donated by Ellwood National Forge, Irvine, PA (Warren, PA).